Volunteer Fairfax staff have the opportunity to volunteer in the community as a team at least three times per year.
For 40 years, Volunteer Fairfax has been the heart of volunteering in Fairfax County. With a personal touch, the Center matches the skills and interests of volunteers and donors to the needs of local nonprofit organizations, helping to build a better community through service. Through a variety of programs and services, Volunteer Fairfax strengthens the capacity of its nonprofit members and offers meaningful volunteer opportunities for local citizens.
Use the links to the left to find out more about Volunteer Fairfax, internship opportunities with the Center, how to support volunteerism, and much more!
• 2015 - Featured in the Catalogue For Philanthropy - Greater Washington
• 2015 – Finalist for Fairfax Chamber 2015 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards; Partnership Award
• 2014 – Finalist for Fairfax Chamber 2014 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards; Partnership Award
• 2012 – Featured in the Catalogue For Philanthropy - Greater Washington
• 2011 – Marine Corps Commendation for continuing support for the Toys for Tots Campaign
• 2010 - Citation from America’s Adopt-A-Soldier for outstanding service through BusinessLink program
• 2009 - Named the most popular nonprofit by Northern Virginia Magazine.
• 2008 - Shelter House Citation for Volunteers for Change program
• 2006 - Fairfax County Library Foundation “Star” Award
• 2002 - Points of Light Foundation Volunteer Center Community Excellence Award
• 2000 - Leadership Fairfax Community Trustee Award; Nonprofit